Exposure to indoor mold comes with a variety of health issues and allergic reactions. Those most affected by mold growth and present mold spores are people with allergies, asthma, or weakened immune systems. But that doesn’t mean people who aren’t sensitive can’t become so with prolonged mold exposure.
People living or working in moldy conditions may start out with symptoms such as irritated skin, nasal congestion, itchy eyes, or difficulty breathing. If the exposure continues or increases in severity, reactions could worsen to include upper respiratory infections, chronic lung illness, and chest inflammation, according to the CDC.