Job Title: Painter
Are you detailed, organized and efficient? If so, we may have the job for you.
Werner Restoration is looking for individuals to join our painting division. Cleaning up after disasters can be challenging work and the finishing work requires someone with high energy levels and strong work ethic.
This individual will perform painting, drywall and finishes. This individual will be someone that has a natural knack for paying close attention to detail while at the same time enjoys a fast paced environment where work levels and varieties of contents are continually changing. They would also live the Werner Restoration core values on a daily basis –see video above.
• Reports to and receives direction from Project Managers
• This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Performs minimal rough and finish carpentry
• Performs all aspects of painting (ex. brush, roller, spraying, staining, sanding, etc.)
• Uses a variety of power and hand tools during rebuilding process
• Measures, cuts or shapes wood, plastic and other materials
• Climbs up and down ladders
• Performs general demolition
• Sets up containment areas
• Installs materials such as drywall, taping and finishing
• Completes projects on time and within budget, demonstrating good quality
• Communicates effectively and efficiently with all parties involved
• Reads, understands and follows job sheets; reports changes in scope to the Project Manager
• Identifies long lead items and assists the Project Manager in ordering them at the proper time and within budget
• Keeps job site clean and organized
• Works on multiple projects at the same time, in an efficient and organized method
• Keeps Company-issued vehicle clean, organized and maintained
• Keeps Company-issued tools organized and well-maintained
• Follows all safety regulations and ensures the same of assigned apprentice and sub-contractors
• Cross-trains with other field areas, including water, cleaning, etc. in order to perform additional duties in emergency situations
Meetings: Safety meetings – bi weekly
Required Work Habits
• Demonstrates a positive Image of the Company to staff and clients; this shall include verbal and
written communication, as well as visual presentation including but not limited to proper and professional attire.
• Be responsible for the efficient and profitable use of the company’s time
• Execute effective planning, priority setting, time management
• Arrive at work on time and be prepared to work
• Apply honesty and integrity by respecting and maintain the confidentiality of company, client, and personnel information
• Establish a team effort with all managers and employees as well as customers and clients
Employee demonstrates the ability to complete and/or knowledge of the following:
• Must be self-motivated and able to motivate others.
• Clear and concise communication, both verbally and in writing; proficiency in reading and writing the English language, including spelling and grammar
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to tell time and calculate periods of time.
• Proper and appropriate phone skills
• Cooperative working relationships and creative based problem solving
• Professional ethics
• Restoration Industry language, practices, and terminology
• Gathers information and stays current in industry trends and market conditions
• Laws, rules and regulations that govern the areas of the job
• Must be able to work Irregular hours, on call, and in all emergency situations, including evenings and weekends, as needed
• Maintains regular attendance and observes working hours, starting times, lunch breaks, and quitting times
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING/EDUCATION GUIDELINES
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Ability to use a smart phone
• General computer skills encouraged
• 2-3 year experience as a painter and/or drywall hanger or finisher
Training/ Education :
• High School Diploma or Graduate Equivalency Degree (GED) plus 3 years painting required; experience in the remodeling/restoration industry preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
License and Special Requirements:
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid state driver's license; satisfactory driving record
• Ability to meet the insurability requirements of the Company’s motor vehicle insurance carrier
• Possession of personal liability motor vehicle insurance coverage
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
Regularly required to:
• Sit and walk
• Bend, climb, kneel and stoop
• Crawl under structures, climb ladders, get on roofs and crawl/walk in attics
• See to read printed materials and a computer screen
• Talk and hear to communication in person, in groups, and over the telephone
• Reach with hands and arms
• Use finger dexterity to handle and operate power tools and hand tools
• Answer & handle phone calls and able to communicate in the English language
Occasionally required to:
• Lift up to 25 lbs. independently and 100 lbs. with assistance
• Use hands to handle and feel; operate objects, tools or controls
• Operate a motor vehicle
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works both inside and outside, where the employee is exposed to various weather conditions, which range from extreme cold to extreme hot. The employee will regularly be exposed to moderate noise levels, wet and/or humid conditions, and vibration. The employee will frequently work near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works inside and on top or various buildings or structures, as well as near moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to varying noise levels, humidity, temperatures and odors.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description, or any part thereof, at any time with or without notice. This job description does not limit in any way the assignments that may be given to an employee in the job, and employees are expected to perform all duties assigned by their supervisor willingly and without reservation.
This is all depending on experience. A painter’s annual pay ranges from 30-50k based on certifications and experience.
Werner Restoration provides employees with options for medical and dental insurance, retirement plan option, holiday pay and vacation pay.