Sales Estimators are responsible for solidifying job contracts by building good relationships with the customer, adjusters, building value, and maintaining successful profit margins on each project. Maintaining accurate records in accordance with and adherence to Werner Restoration Services, Inc. protocol. In addition, you work with project management to ensure our customers are served on the highest level. Live Werner Restoration core values on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Customer service, communication, sales and strategic growth development
- You are the first response to job opportunities. It is your job to dispatch to a project, inspect, sketch, scope & sign the job.
- Educate the customer on the processes of reconstruction, insurance process, job schedule, and completion, and establish realistic expectations for the process.
- Operations manager is to review all estimates prior to sending to the adjusters for review. This may change as time goes on and comfort levels are reached on smaller restoration projects.
- Consult operations manager on all proposal progress payments.
- Ensure company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, expert execution of duties, and polite communication.
- Work closely with all customers and the project management team to fulfill a high-level customer service experience. (Hand-off)
- Initiate all required contracts, authorizations, and other required documents with customers. Ex. Standard work authorization, construction contract, state lead notification, change order/supplement documents, invoicing documents.
Project Scoping & Sales:
- Inspect the job opportunity
- Photo document
- Photos within PSA
- Meeting adjusters on the job-site when able
- Meeting and walk through with PM on complex and/or large loss
- You will take material samples as needed
- Customer updates during the negotiation process, including c.c. on emails and courtesy updates after adjuster conversations.
- Achieve an industry standard closing ratio
- Sell and budget projects
- Delivering estimates and handle final billing collection with projects
- Maintaining good reporting to know all WIP (work in progress) and that we are taking advantage of all opportunities to serve our clients.
- Marketing and selling to adjusters to build your book of business as it relates to generating referrals from adjusters for our services.
- After scoping, sketching, and signing projects, you will communicate to project management and complete a thorough onsite hand-off of the job with the assigned project manager
- Within 48 hours of signing a new project, have the project budgeted within PJM
- Communicate with the project manager to stay up to date with any adjustments that may be needed on a project or to update the adjuster as needed
- Remember that the incentive is tied to project management, we need to set up the project for success and monitor it throughout the claim cycle through our WIP meeting.
- Ensure that all invoices are prepared and processed quickly
- Budget audit to provide an accurate final job cost
- Submit an invoicing package to the adjuster and follow up to answer any questions in order to get payment issued quickly. Payment should be received within 30 days after the invoice is submitted. (In conjunction with office)
- Collect any outstanding payments as needed (In conjunction with the office)
- Build solid relationships with adjusters and develop referral relationships.
Requirements (for our Sales Estimators)
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING/EDUCATION GUIDELINES
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in construction/restoration industry in progressively challenging roles, including a minimum of two years in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
- Modern office practices and technology, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, internet, copiers, telephone, facsimile, smart phones, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Project Management, or Construction Management form an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of industry software and platforms: Xactimate, Contractor Connection, Proven Solution Accounting (PSA), Luxor, Xactanalyis, and other similar programs
License and Special Requirements:
- Possession of or ability to obtain an appropriate valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record
- Water Restoration Technician (WRT) and Applied Structural Drying (ASD) certifications
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician certification
Ability to work 45-55+ Hours/week
Disasters are never scheduled, therefore we frequently have to pull together to get the job done even if it means working into the night. At Werner we have a “whatever it takes” attitude, you can’t plan when a disaster is going to happen and how much effort it will take to get it done.
Because a disaster could happen any-time-day-or-night, we all share an on-call weekly rotation schedule every 8-9 weeks with other managers. (could be more, depending on the needs of the customer).
Spot-on references from previous employers
If you don’t have a previous employer that can vouch for you, be prepared to give us a good reason why.
Reliable Transportation and Clean Driving Record
Disasters happen in the middle of the night. We are responsible for arriving to the Werner Restoration facility within 30 minutes of being called. If you do not have your own transportation, this is next to impossible. In addition, we only put drivers behind the wheel that have a proven record of driving safe.
This is all depending on experience. Starting sales estimators annual pay ranges start at $60k plus incentives based on certifications and experience.
Werner Restoration provides employees with options for medical and dental insurance, retirement plan option, company vehicle, holiday pay and vacation pay.