Job Title: Water Division Project Manager
Oversees the total process of drying jobs for the Water Division, ensuring they are dried quickly and thoroughly.
- Receives direction and supervision from the Operations Manager.
- Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff, including Superintendents, Team Coordinators, and other staff, both directly and indirectly.
- Assists owners and other management team members in employee relations including interviewing, hiring, training, supervising, motivating, evaluating, and terminating employees as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION include the following:
- Sells Werner Restoration Services way of drying structures.
- Earns Claim Representative’s and customer’s trust throughout the job process, focusing on good communication.
- Takes turn with on-call pager and responds promptly to the job site with the crew in the event of a call.
- Sells by quality, not by price, focusing on educating the adjuster and homeowner.
- Administers and tracks annual budgets, business plans, and sales goals.
- Prepares a thorough Xactimate estimate efficiently and presents to adjuster in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job costing, proper drying techniques, and keeps current as procedures change.
- Adjusts unit pricing in Xactimate or POI as needed.
- Establishes good working relationships with all insurance adjusters and agents.
- Determines a time frame from start to finish.
- Stays informed about current pricing trends within the service area.
- Creates systems to ensure 100% of all drying jobs are dried thoroughly and with complete documentation to provide proof of work completed.
- Transfers all appropriate notes, information, communications, etc. to Proven Solution Accounting (PSA).
- Responsible for quality of cleaning, deodorization, and packouts.
- Develops systems to ensure quality of jobs meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Produces work in a timely, budgeted, scheduled and profitable manner.
- Assists in problem solving and in making the Company more effective and efficient.
- Assists in marketing efforts.
- Participates in clinics, seminars, and conferences and applies what is learned.
- Assists in preparation of budget for tool and equipment purchases.
- Assist with monitoring inventory of products.
- Updates and maintains MSDS books on all cleaning products.
- Assists with decisions to add or replace vehicles.
- Develops systems to maintain and organize maintenance and required functions of vehicles.
- Trains employees how to effectively handle different types of customers and their needs throughout the entire job.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with those contacted through the course of work, including customers, agents, and/or adjusters.
- Collects information on mortgage companies as required.
- Advises Accounts Receivable for draw, emergency services, contents, or work completion invoicing to be completed.
- Collects payouts and final checks as needed.
- Understands, interprets, and applies pertinent laws, codes, and regulations as they pertain to the position, including OSHA.
- Provides exemplary customer services to clients, employees, and vendors.
- Generates timely information with accuracy and efficiency.
- Manages crises as they occur, including ability to interact effectively with upset staff, and/or public and private representatives, in enforcing policies and procedures.
Employee demonstrates the ability to complete and/or knowledge of the following:
- Clear and concise communication, both orally and in writing; proficiency in reading and writing the English language, including spelling and grammar
- Calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
- Application of established company policies and procedures
- Working under pressure and coordination of numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Proper and appropriate phone skills and handling customer complaints and concerns
- Basic principles and practices of organization and administration; finance, management, and business acumen
- Proper filing techniques, office efficiencies and timely processing of paperwork
- Professional ethics
- Restoration industry language, practices, and terminology
- Gathers information and stays current in industry trends and market conditions
- Laws, rules, and regulations that govern the areas of the job
- Cooperative working relationships and creative based problem solving
- A “whatever it takes” attitude, having the success of Werner Restoration Services in their best interests
- Must be able to work irregular hours, on call, and in all emergency situations, as needed
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING/EDUCATION GUIDELINES
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Minimum five (5) years in management within the restoration industry
- Computer literate with knowledge and experience with the Internet as a sales vehicle, MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Modern office practices and technology, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, internet, copiers, telephone, facsimile, smart phones, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Industry software and platforms: Xactimate, About Time, Contractor Connection, PSA, Luxor, Xactimate Analysis, Code Blue, and other similar programs
License and Special Requirements:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid state driver’s license; satisfactory driving record
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit and walk
- Operate a motor vehicle
- See to read printed materials and a computer screen
- Talk and hear to communicate in person, in groups, and over the telephone
- Reach with hands and arms to push and pull objects
- Use finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard, writing implements, office equipment, and calculator
Occasionally required to:
- Bend, climb, balance, kneel, and stoop
- Crawl under structures, climb ladders, get on roofs, and crawl/walk in attics
- Lift up to 25 lbs. independently and 100 lbs. with assistance
- Use hands to handle and feel; operate objects, tools or controls
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an office environment and outside, where the employee is exposed to various weather conditions, which range from extreme cold to extreme hot. The employee will regularly be exposed to moderate noise levels, wet and/or humid conditions, and vibration. The employee will frequently work near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious, places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.